On Saturday May 8th, a number of different trail races will be offered by The Nature Connection. Participants can choose to compete as a runner or mountain biker and choose the DISTANCE.
- Free 1k mountain bike and running race (kids under 7 only)
- 5k (3.1 mile) mountain bike and running race ($15 Kids, $30 Adults)
- 10k (6.2 mile) mountain bike and running race ($15 Kids, $30 Adults)
All races will have various awards and prizes for participants in both categories.
Please click here to register for the race. Event t-shirts are still available to all registrants. We will also take registration on Saturday May 8th beginning at 9am.
- Race course will be open from 9am – 1pm. You can choose when you would like to participate based on your preference and schedule.
- The first half of the long course (10k/6.2 mi) is here and the short course (5k/ 3.1mi) is here. Combine these two courses for the full 10k (6.2 mi.) Kids 1k (0.6 mi) is linked here.
- We highly recommend downloading the COTrex App. This both gives you a GPS-enabled map of the race course and a way to find other fun trails around the state: https://trails.colorado.gov/
- The course for each of the distances will be clearly marked with different colored flagging tape.
- Course will be over 95% singletrack, dirt trails with ~300ft (5k) or 600 ft (10k) of climbing/descending.
Due to COVID precautions and limited volunteer capacity, the race will be in a unique format.
- We are asking that you use a GPS-enabled phone, smart watch or other device to time your own race. *If no device is available, TNC staff can help time your race.
- We will host a mass “start” for the “little” kids 1k at 11am. Kids can choose to compete at this time or at a later time.
- Aid station with water and refreshments will be available at the start/finish which also is the midpoint of the 10k route.
- After completing the course, please share your time and GPS track with race officials to be eligible for prizes.
For all participants:
- Our goal for this race is to provide a bit of friendly competition for kids and families. This is not a “sanctioned” race and timing is purely voluntary. Race “official” will work with you to verify your time.
- Race must be completed by 1pm to be eligible for prizes.
- This is being organized as a fun, family-friendly event. Please respect other participants by sharing the trails.
- Dogs are allowed on trails, however we ask that you refrain from “racing” with your dog to limit congestion on trails.
- Trails are open to human-powered bicycles only (no e-bikes please.)
- We recommend mountain/trail bikes with tires >1.5″ (40mm) in order to navigate the loose soils. Suspension not required.
- Trails are considered beginner/intermediate due to short periods of climbing and descending as well as loose/rocky soils.
- The Nature Connection will have bikes available for adults and kids to borrow to compete in any of the trail races. Please select this option in your registration details.
- We are asking for an additional $10 donation to reserve a bike for the race.
- Adult mountain bikes are nice 27.5″ front-suspension bikes with disk brakes.
- Our 24″ kids bikes (10-12 year old) have suspension and disk brakes.
- Bikes for ages 12 and under do not have suspension.
- Waiver and adult signature will be required to borrow a bike.