We’re building a community of people and organizations who want to eliminate the barriers to getting outside. Join us in this endeavor!
We’re always looking for volunteers!
- Are you a cross country skier? Our Skis For Kids Program appreciates volunteers who can have fun with students on the trail and assist our staff by organizing ski gear during field trips.
- We need extra hands helping maintain our ski and bike fleet at The Nature Connection building in Hotchkiss.
- Our Learn to Bike Program is in need of shop help and school site instruction for the spring.
Looking for other ways to donate to get kids outside?
- “The Wilder Bunch” our high school trail crew, is in need of a 1/2 ton work truck and trailer (dump or enclosed.) Contact Ben Graves to discuss how you can donate or sell us your vehicle to help us expand our reach and maintain more trails in the community.
- Tools: Our trail crew could always use more shovels, wheelbarrows, picks and other working tools.
- Outdoor Gear. Every spring we host an outdoor gear swap as a fundraiser for programs. We are particularly looking for gently-used gear with resale value like working bikes, tents, XC ski equipment and outdoor clothing.
- Our camp locations are in need of an ice machine, color laser printer and working refrigerator.
- Other ideas- contact Ben Graves with any ideas or suggestions.
All donations are tax deductible.