Summary: Spend this summer outside doing something meaningful and fun with kids in your community! Camp Counselors will help supervise campers, ages 7-11, assisting with activities and games outside, under the direction of Summer Camp Leads. Whether it’s SUP’ing on the lake, rock climbing, mountain biking, archery or swimming, we can guarantee your summer won’t be boring! We looking for energetic, enthusiastic and adaptable team members who like being around youth. Experience in outdoor activities is helpful, but not required. Individuals who enjoy working with kids outside are highly encouraged to apply!
- Work with Summer Leads to set-up, supervise and take-down daily activities
- Learn how to safely use and teach youth about outdoor gear and equipment
- Learn and help conduct important daily functions of an outdoor summer camp
- Help promote outdoor opportunities within the community and on social media
- Bill Heddles Recreation Center 531 Palmer Street – Delta
- The Nature Connection Hub 397 Miners Way – Hotchkiss
- Cedaredge Middle School 845 SE Deer Creek Dr.- Cedaredge
Pathways Opportunity: 4 openings in both Hotchkiss and Delta, 2 openings in Cedaredge. Applications due March 31st.
- Job begins on May 30th and ends August 4th and includes a one-week break over July 4th
- Schedule is Monday-Thursday 8:30AM – 3:30PM
- All Counselors must attend one week of paid training including Wilderness First Aid and outdoor safety May 30th-June 2nd
Paid Position: $13.65-$15.00/hour; Free outdoor gear use during summer (SUPs, mountain bikes, camping equipment.) Wilderness First Aid training will be provided and students who complete the training will receive bonus pay.
Qualifications: Current high school student (under 18); reliable transportation to/from camp locations