- Breaking down barriers through access to outdoor gear that is often prohibitively expensive
- Providing programs in schools that get kids active and moving and building confidence to explore on their own
- Empowering families with programs throughout the year so they can to weave a love for the outdoors into the fabric of their lives
Kids & families trust The Nature Connection to provide high-quality, ongoing, school-based and summer programs that develop outdoor skills, a curiosity for nature and a love for exploring the “best backyard in the world.”
To achieve our mission, we are developing:
The support of all our partners allows The Nature Connection to invest in the future of our students and community while promoting enjoyment and conservation of the best backyard in the world!
What do we do?
- K-12 school year programs that take kids to local public lands to enjoy hands-on science and outdoor experiences
- Summer Camps in all of our communities focused on providing formative outdoor experiences for ALL children
- Skis for Kids program offers cross-country ski lending and winter ecology for local schools and youth groups.
- Learn to Bike programs at local elementary schools and on mountain bike trails near The Nature Connection building in Hotchkiss.
- Family Programs like paddle board lending, XC ski lending and more that help families get outside in all seasons
- Support schools in building outdoor classrooms and resources for teaching outside
- Our gear library includes mountain bikes, camping and backpacking equipment, kayaks and stand up paddle boards! This equipment is used in TNC camps and offered to teachers for outdoor programs year-round.
- We host youth camps, jobs and internships throughout Delta County and they are consistently growing.