The Nature Connection needs volunteers to help with our programming. If you’d like to help, please fill out this application and submit it to the Delta County School District. For more information about our volunteer needs, contact Priscilla Williams, email@example.com.
- Our Skis For Kids Program needs help on the trail, serving hot chocolate, and organizing cross-country ski gear both on site and at the TNC building in Hotchkiss.
- Our school-based programming needs volunteers to accompany youth on hikes, and help with education stations in the field.
- A new pump track and mountain bike trails are being constructed near The Nature Connection building in Hotchkiss. We need trail building and trail maintenance help, as well as help with group youth rides, and our “Earn a Bike” bicycle maintenance program for youth.
- We need certified archery instructors at schools to provide a safe and fun experience.
- We will be expanding our gear with stand-up paddleboards, inflatable kayaks, backpacking and camping equipment, and more! We will need help with gear organization and instruction.
Membership & Donations
Thank you for your interest in becoming a supporting member of The Nature Connection! Your cash donation is tax deductible, and there are also many volunteer opportunities for you to help us keep getting youth outdoors.
Below you will find buttons to each of our membership levels. Please choose the level you would like to support. This will lead you to our payment processor website to submit your payment.
Donate any dollar amount:
Trail Blazer Membership
Adventures Unlimited Membership
Follow us on Facebook
Delta County Recreation Map
Download the Delta County Recreation Map (380MB). For more information see insets.
More details are available with the Grand Mesa Nordic Council, Bureau of Land Management, and the Grand Mesa, Uncompahgre, and Gunnison National Forest websites.
The Nature Connection is funded by Great Outdoors Colorado, Delta County schools, and other partners and donors. Please consider making a donation today to help us meet our goals!
Youth Outdoor Network Articles
Read these student written articles from the Youth Outdoor Network: