TNC GOCO Inspire Budget Summary 2018-2020
For more information on the 2018-2020 budget, please download the TNC GOCO budget summary.
The Nature Connection is the hub of environmental education for Delta County and Olathe, and is supported by the Delta County School District. We are in the process of building a gear library and expanding our outdoor education programming. Our on-site hours are variable; please call the number below if you would like to see our facilities.
The Nature Connection is a nonprofit organization funded by the Great Outdoors Colorado Inspire Initiative, the Western Colorado Community Foundation/Delta County School District Educational Foundation, Olathe schools, the towns of Olathe and Hotchkiss, the U.S. Forest Service, the Bureau of Land Management, the Western Slope Conservation Center, Solar Energy International, Colorado Canyons Association, Interpretive Association of Western Colorado, other public and nonprofit partners, and you!
The support of all these partners allows The Nature Connection to invest in the future of our students and community while promoting enjoyment and conservation of our amazing local natural resources.
- Our K-12 curriculum-based education programs take kids to local public lands to enjoy hands-on science and outdoor skill instruction.
- Our Skis for Kid program offers cross-country ski rentals and winter ecology lessons for schools and youth groups.
- We’re building a new pump track and mountain bike trails near The Nature Connection building in Hotchkiss, for beginner and intermediate mountain biking.
- We’re planning to offer archery instruction at local schools.
- We’re expanding our gear library to include mountain biking, camping, backpacking, kayaks and stand-up paddleboards. Check back on updates on gear availability for your youth groups and families!
Your tax-deductible donations to The Nature Connection go directly to providing outdoor education that enhances the school district's curriculum, as well as offering students the opportunity to extend that outdoor experience with their families.
Thank you for your support! We couldn’t do it without you. As our high school coalition says, “We have the best backyard in the world!”, so let’s go enjoy it!
Our Contact Information
- The Nature Connection
- 397 Bulldog Street
- Hotchkiss, CO 81419
- Phone: 970-872-5910
Follow us on Facebook
Delta County Recreation Map
Download the Delta County Recreation Map (380MB). For more information see insets.
More details are available with the Grand Mesa Nordic Council, Bureau of Land Management, and the Grand Mesa, Uncompahgre, and Gunnison National Forest websites.
The Nature Connection is funded by Great Outdoors Colorado, Delta County schools, and other partners and donors. Please consider making a donation today to help us meet our goals!
Youth Outdoor Network Articles
Read these student written articles from the Youth Outdoor Network: